Friday, January 1, 2016

It's a New Year.....again!

My Momma always told me "son, the older you get, the faster time goes." She wasn't wrong! 2015 was a wonderful year in so many ways for me. There is not enough room and I don't want to bore you with every detail so let me give you the "Reader's Digest" version.

I was blessed with good health and didn't miss a beat with running workouts and races. The races I completed included five 5ks, three 10ks and seven half marathons. I added races in Arkansas, Indiana, Nevada, Arizona and Maryland giving me an official race in 30 states now.



Family life has been great with one exception. Missi and Justin moved to Charlotte. That means my grandboys are not close by. More importantly, they are healthy and doing great! If you are my friend on social media, you see lots of pictures of them as they are growing up. Tiffany is still in Cincinnati working with Restavek Freedom Foundation which is an organization that helps children in Haiti. You should look them up and support them! Marie is teaching and loving her job in Nashville after moving there from Chapel Hill, NC. It's nice to have her closer to home. Cathy is in her 28th year at Primerica and is a VP there and is enjoying quilting. I had a good year in Real Estate and am looking for an even better year. You know where to find me if you need my services!

Goals for 2016 include running more, of course. I hope to add a few more states and run over 1,000 miles again. I am going to become a vegetarian for the year and will drink more water! One more thing. I hope to finish my book called "Directing My Paths." It will be a continuation of "All My Strength."

Most of all, loving my neighbor as myself. What if I just did that all year?

Happy New Year, everybody!!

No comments: