Sunday, June 28, 2015

Marriage, a flag and Poppy

If you follow me on social media, you are aware that my daughter, Missi, and her family moved to Charlotte a few weeks ago. Her oldest son, who is 3, is Finley. He came to visit with us last week for 6 whole days. Poppy and Gimi were so excited that he got to spend quality time with us. He is such a smart little boy who is also very affectionate. We had so much fun.



My favorite thing that happened last week was every morning, Finley would slowly come down the stairs and quietly say "Hi, Poppy." Then, he crawled into my lap and snuggled for a while and would always say "I love you, Poppy." There is nothing, no nothing better than that. I can't explain the joy it brings to me. He is so loving and it pleases me.

My next favorite thing was going to the swimming pool. He is not an experienced swimmer. In fact, he hasn't been to a pool very many times in his young life. He really liked jumping in the water into my arms, totally trusting that his Poppy was going to catch him and he would be safe. He never hesitated. Over and over again, he jumped into my arms. He loved playing in the water having faith that I would take care of him.

What does this have to do with a week full of news about marriage and a flag? I believe as Finley has treated me this week, we are to treat our Poppy the same. Love people and love Poppy. It pleases Him when He hears us say "Hi Poppy." It pleases Him when we jump into His arms and say "I love you, Poppy." With child-like faith, in the midst of the troubled waters, He wants us to jump into His arms and know that we are safe. There is nothing more important than this in our lives.

Mark 10:15  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.