Friday, May 9, 2014

I Miss My Mother

I am very fortunate to have had my Mother around up until a few years ago. She made it to age 89 which was pretty incredible considering some of the illnesses she had over her life. My Dad passed away when she was only 49 years old. At the time it seemed old because I was only 16. I look back with a different perspective since I am 59 years old now.


I dedicated a chapter in my book "All My Strength" to my Mother. The chapter could be summarized in one phrase: My Mother loved me. She was not the type of person that was overly complimentary of me to my face but was always bragging on me to others. It was just her personality. She was an incredible nurturing mother to me. If I was sick, she would stick with me making sure I was comfortable. She was always on my side. She was a good mother and I miss her.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I feel very blessed to have had her as my mother.


                                               Elsie Davis Robbins

No comments: