Thursday, August 14, 2014

Turning SIXTY!!

This December, I turn 60. You want to know something? I am not depressed about it one bit. In fact, I am very excited about life in my 60s. I didn't like turning 40 or 50 but 60 is not bothering me.....seriously! For one thing, I am more healthy and fit today than when I was 30 and maybe even 20. I don't know how I will feel about turning 70 but it beats the alternative of not reaching it. 

In the next 10 years, I will have a wonderful career in real estate. I will continue to run and hopefully complete my goal of running a race in all 50 states. I will be half way through by the time I turn 60 this December. I am celebrating my 60th birthday by running a full marathon in San Antonio, Texas. If you would have told me that when I turned 50, I would have called you nuts! 

I will see my grandboys go from 2 and 3 to 12 and 13. Wow! I can't imagine the fun we're going to have over the next 10 years. I have plans to do some hiking with my daughters. Cathy and I will probably continue to cruise. That's what old people do anyway, right? We will find our retirement home some time in this next 10 years. Cathy will retire from a long, productive career with Primerica. We'll start getting Social Security too. It's going to be a great 10 years! 

It is going to be exciting! Yes, there are fears of losing some family members and friends along the way. It is inevitable. There are no guarantees for any of us. I pray that my children and grandchildren will be healthy during this time. I pray for His will in each of our lives. 

Yep, I'm turning 60 this December. I'm ready for it! 

No comments: