Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A New Chapter

In my previous blog, I talked about learning to trust in God. It's hard to totally trust in Him because there are many things that He expects us to do on our own. I discuss this in my book, All My Strength. God will not force us or even help us to love our neighbor. We have to do it. When it comes to trusting Him, there is a line between the things He expects us to do on our own and the things that He will help us with. Sometimes, I struggle with that.

A couple of weeks ago, I was praying about my career situation. Work has been sporadic and I need a career for the remaining years of my life. I have no plans of retiring. So, I was praying and thinking about real estate. I did some research and was looking at Doug and Teresa Johnson's website. Teresa and I went to Roswell High School and our families attended North Lanier Baptist Church and became friends back in the late 90s. They have been in real estate for many years. Fast forward a couple of hours. I was running on the greenway and Teresa called me out of the blue. It is the first time I have talked to her in over a year. The whole time she was talking to me, I am thinking....God? Is that you? What were the odds that I was just looking at their website and she calls me within a couple of hours?

When I got home, I prayed about being disappointed in misreading God's plan many times before and I needed a confirmation. About that time, an ad came on TV and all I heard was "the time may be right for you to consider real estate." OK, you have my attention but I need a little more. The fact that Cathy was supportive and it was still on my heart after 4 days of praying confirmed it for me.

I am in the process of studying for the real estate exam and hope to be an agent here in Metro Atlanta sometime this year. I have always said that you never know where you'll be or what you'll be doing 6 months from now. Certainly, I had no idea I would be here right now.

It comes back to trust. I am still learning how to do that. I am 59 years old and when you figure it all out, please let me know!

No comments: